1. Webdesigning – think back to the very first site you designed. Can you describe it? Heheh….. I can indeed. I’d just learned the basics of HTML (as in, that hour) so I decided to have a go at putting it into practice. Didn’t have a graphic programme …. or actually, even a computer at home at that point, so I found some free webgraphic sites, got some space on Geocities, and off I went. The result was a small site – black background, purple text, default font face, and the “design” consisted of everything being centred. *g* But hey, it was a start. :-)
2. What, exactly, is an “enchilada sunrise”? Oh, the 64 million dollar question. Or not, but anyway:
Short answer: Two words I like the sound of together.
Long answer: This is going to sound just a little strange, but bear with me. In this case, an “enchilada” is a donkey, specifically one of the donkeys that you used to find on beaches in the summer that kids could get rides on. Also, I think it’s wearing a straw hat. Because there should be a word for those donkeys, and I like “enchilada”. This doesn’t mean I want to eat donkeys – far from it. The sunrise also ties into the beach thing. And like I said, I like the sounds of the words together. Trust me, it works in my head, anyway. I never claimed to be linear.
3. Professionally, where would you like to be five years from now, if education and experience didn’t play in to that prediction at all? Hmm…. ideally, I’d be webdesigner for a large orchestra and / or opera company. Would combine my enthusiasms rather nicely.
4. What’s the most bizarre email you’ve received from someone that’s looked at your site and written to you about it? I actually haven’t had any bizarre mails via this site. However, I have had several via S&S from people who seem to think I’m either Spike and/or James Marsters, and I’ve had a fair few strange ones through the UKBAWC site. In fact, one arrived just ten minutes ago, addressed to “angel and buffy” which said: “do you guys wanna be toghter” (sic). Mmmmmm.
5. Have you been following the Olympics? What’s been your favorite event, or if you haven’t been following them, what’s your problem?! ;) Um. Er. Let me just hide under this handy desk….. I haven’t really been following them this year – mainly because I’ve been otherwise distracted. However, my favourite event is the Figure Skating, which I’ve been trying to keep an eye out for.
6. If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be? Actually, I’m pretty damn happy right where I am – all cosy, by myself in my little house. However, I certainly wouldn’t object if I found myself suddenly in Brisbane with my brother.
7. What’s the best (or worst!) lie you’ve ever told? Oh… uh… Well, this isn’t exactly a lie as such. But when we were 16 or so, my friend Alison and I used to tell people at great length about her older twin brothers, John and William. We’d riff off each other for hours, going on about what they were doing at uni, stories from when we were younger and so on. All in complete seriousness. *g* Alison’s an only child. There are probably still people who are convinced she isn’t.
8. Beauty pageants – legit or time to quit? You know, I don’t think they ever will quit. And I think in some cases, they aren’t a bad thing. However, I really really don’t agree with the child beauty pageants you hear of taking place in America and so on – kids should be kids if they can, and not be dressed up and made up artificially. It’s different if an adult chooses to enter themselves, but children don’t get to make those decisions. That’s wrong.
10. What’s one television show or movie you wish you could make a reoccurring guest appearance in? The obvious answer to this one would be Buffy. But in fact…. I think I’d rather go for Andromeda.
Thanks for those, Wendy. That was fun :-)