I’m feeling pretty frustrated right now, because I’m stupidly over-tired and muzzyheaded, and I just can’t manage to *do* anything. Is not good. It’s worryingly like I was feeling last year, but not quite the same so I really hope it stops soon, because it’s horrible and not helpful to the whole getting back to normal thing that I *really* want to be able to do. Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Doctor said this might happen, but I really hoped not, but I spose it has so i have to find some way of dealing or solving, or whatever. Must. Keep. Eyes. Open.
Think I’ll do the last few weeks’ worth of. Maybe that’ll help my brain focus a bit, and whatever, it’s better than sitting on the sofa and drifting in and out of consciousness. That’s v disorientating, which is why I’ve put the computer on. To see if trying to do something helps. On the bright side, my vocab doesn’t seem to have abandoned me this time. Right, on with the meme:
June 3: Animals
1. Cats or dogs?
Cats, because I’m under the paw. But I love doggies too.
2. Butterflies or birds?
Flutterbies! Pretty :-) But again, like birdies too.
3. Horses or cows?
4. Turtles or snakes?
Snakes, I think. Always liked snakes.
5. Frogs or grasshoppers?
Frogs are cuuuuuute.
6. Lions or tigers?
Can I have both?
7. Elephants or mice?
Er. Either / or. Ickle mouses are cute, though, especially the ones that live in the Underground.
8. Porcupines or aardvarks?
9. Unicorns or dragons?
Dragons, I think. Dunno why. *shrug*
10. Thought-provoking question of the week: You live in a rather dumpy apartment. A friend offers you a chance to be a roommate at a new place s/he is moving into, but they don’t allow pets. You have a pet. Do you find your pet a new home and take the new place, or do you keep your pet and stay put?
Heh. My pet comes first, always. And stays with me. I’ll wait until I can find somewhere nicer for me and the mog, thankyouverymuch.
May 27: Personal Habits, Quirks, Routines, etc.
1. Do you prefer silence or do you like background sound (music, TV, etc)?
Well, I don’t mind silence, and it does depend on what I’m doing, but in general I will have some kind of background noise. Got the radio on right now. Will generally be radio or music channel unless there’s something on telly I fancy watching.
2. Bathe/shower in morning or evening?
Shower in the morning, bathe in the evening. *g* Having a bath is more a once-a-week pampering occasion, though. Showering in the morning is the usual routine.
3. Sleeping in complete darkness, or with a nightlight on?
Darkness for me. If I have any kind of light, I’d just be too tempted to read or write or whatever. Or maybe tempted is the wrong word. I’d feel like I ought to be doing something more constructive than sleeping, perhaps.
4. Lay out clothes the night before, or just grab what’s closest in the morning?
Don’t actually lay my clothes out, but if it’s a work night then I’ll generally decide in my head what to wear the next day so I don’t have to think about it in the morning.
5. Hang up/fold clothes neatly, or just toss them wherever?
Depends, but I usually hang / fold them neatly. Just not all the time.
6. Work out at a gym, or at home on your own (or do you not bother with exercise)?
Not very good at exercising at all, but I do go to the gym with H from time to time.
7. Talk on the phone, or via IM/e-mail?
It all depends who I’m talking to. But I am online most evenings, so I probably talk on IM / email more than on the phone at the mo.
8. Are you usually on time, or late?
*sigh* Late much more often than I’d like. :-( Trying very very hard to change that.
9. Spendthrift or frugal?
Heh, once again I’m trying to be frugal rather than splurging my money away. Doing quite well now, actually, since being off sick meant I *had* no money to spend – my budgeting skills have improved hugely.
10. Thought-Provoking Question of the Week: You work with someone who is not in the habit of bathing regularly. The smell seems to be getting worse and worse! Would you: 1. try to do something about it, or 2. try to grin and bear it? If you said 1, what would you do?
I would probably grin and bear it… maybe try and sit a bit further away, or something. I’d have no idea how to approach a situation like that. Maybe I’d find out if another colleague was a bit braver and willing to try saying something. It’s a difficult one.
May 20: Even More Potpourri…
1. Large or small family?
Small, I spose…. I just have the one brother, and that works pretty well for us. But a large extended family, which we also have, is also great :-)
2. Potato chips or pretzels?
Potato chips, I spose, if that’s the same as crisps. Don’t have pretzels very often, mind you.
3. House or apartment?
House! *hugs house*
4. Zebras or giraffes?
Ummm. Giraffes! For no particular reason at all.
5. Candles or potpourri?
6. Flowers or trees?
Treeeeees. They’re all nice and green and shady. And flowers make me sneeze. I like the flowers in my garden, though :-)
7. Right or left-handed?
I’m right handed. *shrug*
8. Model trains or dolls/stuffed animals?
Dolls / stuffed animals, I guess.
9. Comedy or drama?
10. Thought-provoking question of the week: The city of Boston has recently banned smoking in all restaurants and bars. Would you want to see such a law passed in your city/town/country, or not?
Well, I wouldn’t mind, actually. I can imagine a lot of people would be seriously unimpressed, and it might end up with big crowds of smokers lurking round the doorways of pubs and so on, but as an asthmatic non-smoker, it would personally suit me well enough.
May 13: *Another Potpourri Edition*
1. Packrat or minimalist?
Oh, definitely packrat. I horde. I have done a lot of clearing out in the last year or so, mainly cos Mum came up to stay and made me do it. *g* But I’ll never be anything remotely like minimalist, and neither will anyone else in my family, I think.
2. Computer: desktop or laptop?
Well….. desktop for preference if it was one of the other. Which is it for me right now, of course. But I’d like both, ideally *g*.
3. Seashore or mountains?
Seashore, but seashore with mountains nearby would be nice :-)
4. Carpeting or bare floors?
Depends on the room. Generally carpeting, but wood floors are also lovely, and I prefer tiles in the kitchen.
5. Drinking water: bottled or tap?
Tap, unless I’m on the move… and even then I’m likely to fill myself a bottle from the tap to take with. *g* Abroad, bottled.
6. Shopping websites: eBay or Amazon?
7. Cute little kitties or big scary tigers?
Can I have both?
8. Front door or back door?
Um? Huh? For leaving-the-house-from? Front, cos I can’t lock my back gate from the outside.
9. Lots of jewelry, or little/none?
Relatively little, quite often none. When I do wear it, it’ll most likely be earrings, three celtic-y rings (on two fingers) and my christening bracelet (my hands / wrists are tiny, so it still fits), all of which are silver, plus the “one bracelet” which is a leather plaited band with a little metal celtic knot thingy on it. My hobband has the other “one bracelet”… which, yes, makes two. Shhh. I also have a silver celtic knot pendant which I sometimes wear.
10. Thought-provoking question of the week: At the last minute, you obtain tickets to an event you’re dying to attend. However, you have to work that day! Do you ask the boss for the time off, or just call in sick?
I ask for the time off. I couldn’t be off dishonestly – the guilt would destroy any enjoyment in the event, I should think!
May 6: *The Media Edition*
1. TV or radio?
Hummmm……. well, I watch TV more, but I like listening to the radio a lot as well. Er. Both?
2. On the radio: talk or music station?
Music station, but one with occasional talk-y bits. I like Radio 2 a lot.
3. Actual books or books-on-tape (or e-books)?
Actual books! I love my books…. and I would hug them at this point, but I have far too many to even consider trying it.
4. Actual newspaper, or web version?
Generally, the web version, since I never actually buy the real thing. But I do read them if someone else has got one.
5. Wall Street Journal or National Enquirer?
Errrr. The Times. Or sometimes the Mail or Express, if I’m feeling intellectually lazy ;-)
6. TV news…news channel such as CNN, or your local broadcast news?
I’ll generally wait to see the ‘normal’ news…. I like both the national version and the local version (does American telly work like that? We have half an hour of national news, then half an hour of local news in the early evening). I only usually go to a specific news channel if there’s something big happening, or if there’s *really* nothing else on and I don’t want to listen to music. *g* Oh, or if I’ve missed the normal news and I think there was something I wanted to know about.
7. A movie you’ve been looking forward to seeing gets bad reviews all around. See it anyway, or pass?
Probably see it anyway, unless my brother says it’s rubbish as well – if he likes it, it’s pretty certain I will.
8. See movies when they first come out, or wait a few weeks for the lines at the theater to get shorter?
Depends on what the film is, and how organised I’m feeling. If I’m going to see something popular when it first comes out, I’ll prebook seats anyway, so I don’t have to queue.
9. TV: cable, satellite dish, or just plain old antenna?
Streamed over ADSL *g*
10. Thought-provoking question of the week: If you had to choose only one form of media to come into your home, which would you choose…print (newspapers, magazines) or electronic (TV, internet)? Why?
As long as print doesn’t include books, then I’ll go with electronic please, Bob. Because it’s more frequently updated, more instantly available when I want it, it’s dynamic, and… er…. well, it’s suits me better :-)
OK, well, I do think I feel a bit… hmm…. livelier, if not exactly more awake. That’s good. I’m going to make sure I go to bed way early tonight, so hopefully I’ll be able to haul myself up and out to work OK in the morning. I can’t be doing with this, otherwise. I need to find myself some energy-boosting foods or something, as well. Perhaps if I try and eat quite a lot for dinner, that’ll help a bit. Fingers crossed…….