Sitting on the bus this afternoon, I suddenly remembered a dream I’d had last night. In which my skeins of sock yarn were just so irresistibly yummy that I just had to chew on them*. Nom nom nom! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarn!!! This is the point where I should probably be saying “I think I’ve finally cracked”. Only, whoops, too late! ;-)
* They weren’t bad tasting, either. Not that I ate them. That would be a waste! Just stuffed them in my mouth and gently chomped down a couple of times. Erm. Hi there subconscious. Something you want to tell me?
ANYWAY! Hi, Happy New Year. Here I am! I’ve been pretty zonked since Christmas, and I was rushed off my feet before that (plus my webserver was down for over a week, grr), but I’ll elaborate on what I actually got up to in the other post that I’m writing. This is going to be a looking forwards post. Well, and a ‘currently’ one as well, I guess.
So, let’s have some resolutions for 2008. I have general ones, and knitting-related ones as well:
- Get back into a regular day-to-day routine and maintain my sleep hygiene regime
- Remember to take my meds (I’ve been doing well with this for some time, but it never hurts to reinforce it!)
- Related to #1, go to the gym / gym classes regularly and often.
- Eat proper!
- Get back to work, but take it slowly and don’t overdo it!
- Keep a cap on my spending and improve my money situation overall.
- Have a thorough clear-out of the flat and charity-shop or eBay anything I don’t want or need.
- Be a more reliable and prompt correspondent! I’m pants at replying to emails and comments, and I really want to get on top of that. Feel free to help me out by prodding me if I should be mailing you and haven’t. I’m not ignoring you, I’m just a bit rubbish!
Several of which can really be summed up as “Look after myself”, but since detailed lists help me plan, that’s what we’ve got. :-)
- Two words: Yarn Diet. This is strongly related to #6 above, since I can’t now afford to buy any more yarn – woe! But I’m not exactly yarnless, so I’m not going to repine. I haven’t decided on my exact goal for this yet, but I want to join the Stashalong thingy. Piglottie has said she’s not going to buy any yarn in 2008 at all. I’d like to say the same, but maybe I’ll start with a 6 month commitment and then revise / renew it from there! I feel that I should leave myself some wiggle-room just in case, and there’s still sockclub. So. I’ll post more about it when I’ve figured out how I want to work it.
- Knit from my stash. You know, since I’m not going to be buying anything new. But even if I was, I have a ginormous stash that needs some serious busting, and what’s more, it’s yarn I really want to knit with! I have plans!
- Those two UFOs that have been needing sewing up for the last couple of years? FINISH THEM! Damnit. At least one, if not both, by the end of February.
- Never have more than 8 WIPs on the needles. Preferably less, to leave room for ‘OMG must start that right now’ syndrome.
- In the short term, finish all my current WIPs by the end of March (Hedaras, Damson Gloves, Ruby Scarf, Clapotis, Fireworks socks, Chevron Scarf, WFS, Spring Sprung scarf, and SAHWWJ Cardi) with a possible waiver on the cardi because I’m happy enough for that to be a relatively long-term no-rush project.
- Do some more stash clearing / yarn selling. Which sort of counts as stash busting, but not exactly. Also advertise those knitting books and magazines.
- Get out the knitting machine and make up some stuff to sell. Like HP scarves and so on. I’ve got the yarn, after all. Stashbusting! Yay!
- Spend more time on my Ravelry groups, and keep up with my blogroll links. And comment more! Oh, on the podcasts I listen to, as well. Par-ti-ci-pate. *nod*
I’ve also been thinking about joining Project 365. Or maybe I’ll do the weekly variant that some people on Ravelry are doing. I’ll probably end up with a stack of photos of the cat. And yarn. No change there, then!
Okeydokey, this post is long enough. I’ll yatter about my current WIPs (with photos) more tomorrow or some time soon. Time for bed! :-)