Since the site was down for the revamp last week, I’m going to catch up on the last two weeks’ worth of Friday 5 questions:
Friday 5 for March 13: It’s Cold!
- What’s your favorite frozen heat-and-eat food?
Hmmm… that’s actually really hard. There’s this place that does some really nice frozen ready-meals… I like most of theirs, but particularly the duck in orange sauce. Nom!
- How sensitive are you to cool temperatures?
I do feel the cold pretty easily, especially if I’m sitting still at the computer all day!
- How many ice-cube trays are there in your freezer?
None. I have one ice-cube tray, but it’s in a kitchen drawer. I do have a couple of ice-cube bags in the freezer, though. And some frozen blue plastic penguins.
- What aspect of your life seems to be frozen in place?
Hah. My mental health. :-/
- What’s your favorite blanket like?
I spose this means ‘favourite blanket for snuggling under on the sofa when it’s cold’… in which case I’ll say one of my fleece blankets because they’re light but warm and good for keeping me cosy. But really the blanket of mine that I love best is the wool tartan one that I got in Edinburgh and kept in my car when I still had that. I don’t use it so much now cos I don’t want it to get covered in cat hair!
Friday 5 for March 20: Quarterly Progress Check
- Would you say 2009 so far is meeting expectation, exceeding expectations, or failing to meet expectations?
So far, 2009 has been fairly not-happening for me. Which is the fault of how I’ve been rather than the year itself. When I’ve been well enough to engage with life, there have been good things going on, so I’d say it’s technically exceeding expectations, since mine are so low right now anyway!
- What letter grade would you give yourself for your performance at work or school?
Not that I’ve been to either, but for my performance in life so far this year: a big, fat F for FAIL.
- On a scale from 1 to 10, how happy have you been with the weather so far in 2009?
Other than a couple of periods of wtf (giant! hail! the other night!!), I think it’s been OK. My brain is like a sieve though, so I might be forgetting. It is still the winter (or has it edged into spring now?) so of course it’s not all sunshine and roses, but that’s as it should be. I’ll give it an 8.
- Which of the Motion Picture Association of America’s film ratings would you give your social life so far in 2009?
Almost entirely a “G” – family time, knitting and spinning groups, hanging out with Ally and baby H, and perhaps a “PG” during that weekend that Char came to visit and we discovered that Robert Downey Jnr in Ironman is the best thing evah, etc. It’s been quiet.
- 2009’s parents are on the phone and want to know how 2009 can improve its performance. What have been 2009’s areas of strength and what are its areas for growth in the second quarter?
Uh, Um. Business speak, send help, cannot cope! (Off to Mordor) Alright, not really. Areas of strength have been opportunities for learning new skills (spinning). I guess areas for growth will be getting my brain back in gear? That’s definitely something that needs doing.